Early Childhood Intervention Services
Barwon Child, Youth & Family's Childhood Intervention Services supports families by co-ordinating a team of professionals who work alongside you to meet the needs of your child. Parents are valued members of the team and are involved with every aspect of decision making and all aspects of intervention.
The service is provided in home, group or community settings. Each family will be allocated a Key Worker who will work with parents/caregivers to:
- Develop a Family Service Support Plan based on family needs identified in the NDIS planning process and package.
- Coordinate services, provide support and advocacy.
- Provide information about services and resources available.
- Link families to Parent Support groups, specialised early intervention groups and into their local community.
- Develop an individual child plan based on the assessment of the child's skills, strengths, needs and the abilities to assist with daily activities that support positive changes in the family's daily life.
- Plan targeted assessment and intervention for children to reach their individual goals.
- Actively work with other agencies involved to ensure the best outcomes.
- Facilitate transition support.